Sunday, January 3, 2010

looking back

As per the usual New Year tradition, I've taken a look back on the past year and made some goals for the new year ahead. What I found is that I have had a very stunted year. For all my trying I've nothing much to show. I have a few things I could blame it on, random issues out of my control that might have something to do with it, but that would be the wrong way to view this past year. What I've allowed is nothing short of negligence.

No, this is not negative thinking or self-loathing, its the honest truth and I'm happy to admit to it. Why am I happy about this? Because, as much as it hurts, I can feel it pushing me to achieve my purpose. And the moment I forget what it felt like to realize the lack of accomplishments over the last year is the moment I lose that urgency I feel.

There have been some great things I've done - I planted my garden & became more active in the eco-community, I road-tripped thru Baja in my VW van, I rescued my amazing boxer Dani and I played some great music with some very talented people. However fun and memorable 2009 was, 2010 is the year that things explode, because I said so.

No comments: